Someone in southwest Kansas may be a new millionaire today, as a $1 million lottery ticket was sold there, according to the Kansas Lottery.
The Holiday Millionaire Raffle drawing of the Kansas Lottery was around noon today, and was telecast on KSHB-TV.
The winning number was 138237, according to a lottery news release.
There were also 25 tickets that won $5,000, 25 tickets that won $1,000 and 2,500 tickets that won $100.
Winners should sign the back of their tickets and keep them in a safe place until they are checked or claimed, lottery officials said.
Numbers may be checked at www.kslottery.com/. Lottery offices will be closed Jan. 1 for the New Year’s holiday and will reopen Jan. 2.
Several offices will be closed on Jan. 1 for the New Year’s holiday.
– Unified Government offices will be closed on New Year’s Day, Jan. 1, and will reopen on Friday, Jan. 2.
– The Board of Public Utilities business office will be closed on Thursday, Jan. 1. Emergency service is available 24 hours a day, even when the business office is closed, at 913-573-9522 for electric, and 913-573-9622 for water.
– All Kansas City, Kan., Public Library locations will be closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 for the New Year’s holiday.
– Trash pickup by Deffenbaugh will be delayed by one day for those whose regular pickups are on Thursday, Jan. 1. Trash pickup scheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 31, will be picked up on the regular schedule.
– Post offices will be closed Thursday, Jan. 1, for the holidays. Regular lobby hours resume on Jan. 2. Many post offices will close at noon on Dec. 31. Mail at blue collection boxes will be picked up early, some at noon on Dec. 31. For more information, go to USPS.com.
Doug Bach, Unified Government administrator, will be the guest speaker at 11:30 a.m. Friday, Jan. 9, at the meeting of the Downtown Shareholders.
He will speak about updates on projects happening throughout the county and in the downtown Kansas City, Kan., area.
The luncheon meeting will be from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 9 at the Board of Public Utilities offices, 540 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kan.
The cost will be $20, which includes a meal.
Reservations are due by Tuesday, Jan. 6, to 913-371-0705 or email@example.com.