The Unified Government Public Works and Safety Committee will meet at 5 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27, in the fifth floor conference room, City Hall, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kansas.
On the agenda for the PWS meeting:
• A resolution to approve a purchase agreement with the Turner Recreation Commission for the UG’s sale of Riverview Ball Complex, 224 S. 74th St.;
• A resolution amending the benefit district policy;
• A presentation on Capital Maintenance Improvement Plan major capital evaluation criteria.
Also scheduled during the public access portion of the meeting is an appearance by Tscher Manck requesting community resource officers be used to provide a night hoop program.
When the PWS meeting is over, the Administration and Human Services Committee is scheduled to meet.
On the AHS agenda:
• Presentation and discussion on amendments to the UG code. These proposed amendments would be changing the beginning of the term of UG elected officials from the first Monday in January; changing the date of establishing the two-year commission schedule to coincide with a change in the beginning of the term; and changing the beginning of the term of commission appointments to boards and commissions;
• An update on technology projects intended to improve the customer experience for residents and businesses, including an upgrade to Accela, electronic plan review software, and parks and recreation software.
Also scheduled during the public access portion of the meeting is an appearance by Nicholas Novak regarding immigration.