Amazon will hold job fairs next week for its new Kansas City, Kansas, facility.
The new fulfillment facility, more than 850,000 square feet, is located in the Turner Diagonal area near 65th and Riverview. In an announcement at its groundbreaking last fall, Amazon officials said about 1,000 employees may work at the facility, which is on 190 acres.
Eight job fairs will be held throughout Wyandotte County in June.
Amazon warehouse jobs will start at $12 an hour, according to a job fair flier. The job offers benefits from the first day; a 401(k) match, stock award program, tuition assistance program, and employee discount.
The first job fair will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 31, at Bertram Caruthers Elementary School, 1100 Waverly Ave., Kansas City, Kan.
The next job fair will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, June 1, at Mark Twain Elementary School, 2300 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kan.
Requirements for the full-time warehouse associate positions include: at least 18 years old, high school diploma or equivalent, able to read and take direction in English, able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation, able to stand and walk for up to 10 to 12 hours, and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach. Also, employees must be willing to work overtime and flexible schedules, according to requirement information.
Other Amazon job fairs are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on these days:
• Wednesday, June 7, at McKinley Elementary School, 1301 Armstrong Ave.;
• Thursday, June 8, at Frank Rushton Elementary School, 2605 W. 43rd Ave.;
• Wednesday, June 14, at Kansas City Kansas Community College Technical Center, 6565 State Ave.;
• Thursday, June 15, at Turner Recreation Commission, 831 S. 55th St.;
• Wednesday, June 21, at Edwardsville Community Center, 696 S. 3rd St., Edwardsville;
• Thursday, June 22, at White Church Elementary School, 2226 N. 85th St.
The locations of the job fairs are subject to change.
For more information, visit amazondelivers.jobs.