Window on the West
by Mary Rupert
It’s Thanksgiving, so it helps to express gratitude for whatever we feel thankful for today. Those who can be in a Thanksgiving state of mind throughout the year are very fortunate.
Here’s my top 20 list.
I am thankful for:
1. Life and health.
2. Friends and family.
3. Sunrise and sunset.
5. Our readers.
6. The hundred daily kindnesses we run across without even thinking about them.
8. The ability to think.
9. A nice Thanksgiving feast.
10. Our freedoms.
11. Those who help make sure that we keep our freedoms.
12. All of those people in our career fields and in our lives who have gone before us and made a way for us.
13. The ability of the body to repair itself.
14. The beautiful landscapes that may be discovered on earth.
15. A good book.
17. Modern technology and innovation.
18. A good game of Scrabble.
20. For nice weather and many other things, too numerous to mention.
If you have a list you want to share with our readers, send it to email@example.com.
To reach Mary Rupert, editor, email firstname.lastname@example.org.