The Kansas City Kansas Community College Foundation has announced the fall 2018 scholarship application is now available.
KCKCC Foundation offers the following scholarships:
• Rita M. Ahart Nursing Scholarship – Nursing
• Dr. Lelia H. Alexander Memorial Scholarship – Nursing
• Asian American Chamber of Commerce Scholarship – General
• Dr. Reginald T. Buckner Memorial Jazz Scholarship – Music
• Etta Blanche Smith Dahlgren Scholarship – Education
• EMT Certification Minority Scholarship – EMT
• KCKCC Foundation Scholarship – General
• Paul and Fern Jewell Scholarship – Nursing and Business/Accounting
• Ralph McMorris Memorial Scholarship – Auto Mechanic/HVAC
• Juanita Miller Scholarship – Nursing/Health Care
• Philip W. Miller Memorial Scholarship – AHSS/Creative Writing
• William Nelson Nicoll Jr. Scholarship – Nursing
• George Powell Applied Technology Scholarship – TEC
• R.A. Long Scholarship – TEC
• Dorothy Rice Scholarship – Adult Education
• Dr. Karin Ogden Roberts Nursing Scholarship – KU/CC Nurse Partnership
• Rycken Memorial RRT Scholarship – Respiratory Therapy
• John Stocksen Memorial Scholarship – Business
• Frank and Doris Schlagle Scholarship – General
• Frances Speer Memorial Scholarship – Nursing
• Thomas and Teresa Sullivan Scholarship – Computer Information/Math
• Dorothy E. Swanson Mortuary Science Scholarship – Mortuary Science
• Clarence L. Turpin Trust Scholarship – Mathematics
• Vern’s Agape Nursing Scholarship – Nursing
• Wyandotte HS Class of 1955 Scholarship – Graduate of WHS
• Wyandotte County Association of Retired School Personnel Scholarship – Education
In addition, the KCKCC Foundation has announced a new scholarship for fall 2018. InTouch Solutions in Lenexa, Kan., recently donated $1,000 to the foundation to be used for student scholarships in education. Funds were raised during the Diwali celebration at InTouch Solutions in October 2017.
As a result, two $500 scholarships will be awarded. Criteria include:
• Students must be enrolled in an education program as determined by a KCKCC degree plan (early childhood, elementary or secondary education).
• Applicant may not hold a previous degree or certificate
• Student must have 80 or fewer college credit hours
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
The KCKCC Foundation Scholarship Application, Scholarship Criteria and On-line Instruction Sheet can be found on the foundation webpage at www.kckcc.edu/foundation/scholarships.
Complete applications and required documentation for non-TEC scholarships are due to KCKCC Foundation on or before Sunday, April 1, 2018. TEC scholarship applications are due on or before Monday, April 23, 2018.
Applicants should submit their applications as soon as possible so they can be notified if additional information or documentation is needed. Applications received with missing information or required documentation on the deadline date will not be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee. Applications and documentation can be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to our office on Main Campus, Mathematics 3500.