Entrepreneurial Business Basics is sponsoring a livestream discussion at 6 p.m. Thursday, June 25, on preventive progress for Wyandotte County in social justice.
“A Conscious Conversation,” the discussion, will be livestreamed on the EBB Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/bizebb1/, and on all the social media platforms of Mt. Carmel Church of God in Christ, https://www.facebook.com/mtcarmelcogic/.
“This conversation is important for Wyandotte County at this pivotal moment in history to keep us from becoming the next ground zero for police and community upheaval,” said Kira Cheree, founder of EBB.
Scheduled to participate in the panel discussion:
• Bishop Jack C. Vaughn, senior pastor, Evangelistic Center International Ministries
• Carla Pratt, dean of the School of Law, Washburn University
• James Sims, pastor, Mt. Carmel COGIC
• Mark Dupree, district attorney of Wyandotte County
• Pamela Waldeck, deputy chief ofp; Kansas City, Kansas
• Stephenie Smith, CEO, Sophic Solutions
• William Naff, chief of police; Bonner Springs, Kansas
“Our primary purpose for this event is to maintain an open dialogue of understanding with the Wyandotte County community and leaders to discuss success, shortfalls, and opportunities for social justice progress,” Cheree said. “We want our community heard; but more importantly, we want to know that our leaders are listening and working for us.
“We must understand each other and effectively communicate in order to avoid a meltdown in our community. There is no progress without understanding and meaningful exchange,” she said.