To send in items for the Faith News, email information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and contact information.
Catholic Cemeteries of Northeast Kansas will hold Memorial Day Masses on Monday, May 25, at the following locations and times:
• Mt. Calvary Cemetery, 15825 S. 169 Highway, Olathe, Kan., 8 a.m.; celebrated by the Rev. Michael Hermes.
• St. John Cemetery, Lenexa, Kan., 8:15 a.m. at Holy Trinity Church, 89th and Pflumm Road, Lenexa.
• Gate of Heaven Cemetery, 126th and Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, Kan., 9 a.m.; celebrated by the Rev. Jeremiah Spencer.
• Mt. Calvary Cemetery, 38th and State Avenue, Kansas City, Kan., 9 a.m.; celebrated by the Rev. Mark Mertes; liturgical music by Ed Grisnik.
• Resurrection Cemetery, 83rd and Quivira Road, Lenexa, Kan.; flag-raising by American Legion Post 370 at 8:30 a.m.; Mass at 9 a.m. celebrated by the Rev. John Riley; liturgical music by Tom Jacobs.
• St. Joseph Cemetery, 61st Terrace and Quivira Road, Shawnee, Kan., 9 a.m.; celebrated by the Rev. Michael Hawken.
• Mt. Calvary Cemetery, 801 S.W. Westchester Rd., Topeka, Kan., 10 a.m.; concelebrated by Msgr. Vincent Krische and the Rev. Tim Haberkorn; liturgical music by Christ the King (Topeka) Liturgical Ensemble; Mass followed by blessing of new statues of the four evangelists and columbaria. For more information, call 913-371-4040 (Kansas City area) or 785-272-0820 (Topeka area); email email@example.com ; or visitwww.cathcemks.org.
An American Red Cross blood drive is scheduled from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. June 2 at Elm Grove Baptist Church, 15774 Linwood Road, Bonner Springs, Kan. For more information or to make an appointment, visit www.redcrossblood.org.
A weekly Scripture Group with Bible Sharing and Reflection, Lectio and Journaling, is offered from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesdays at Keeler Women’s Center, 2220 Central Ave., Kansas City, Kan. Heather Neds is a pastoral minister and leads the group at Keeler Women’s Center. Call 913-906-8990 to register.
Living Water United Methodist Church, 3001 N. 115th St., will be holding a special camp for children, Worship, Arts, and Music (WAM) Camp. It will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. June 8-11. It is for ages 3 – 8th grade. Children will explore the arts with singing, drumming, and art projects. The camp will be taught by local music and art teachers. For more information visit livingwaterumc.net and to enroll visit http://livingwaterumc.net/worship-arts-music-camp/.
Open Door Baptist Church, 3033 N. 103rd Terrace, will have a Vacation Bible School from June 22-26. The theme is “Everest, Conquering Challenges with God’s Mighty Power.” For more information, visit www.groupvbspro.com/vbs/ez/Opendooreverestvbs/gpgs/Home.aspx. Services this weekend at Open Door are at 10;30 a.m. Sunday in the church sanctuary.
A Community Blood Center blood drive is scheduled from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. June 22 at the Parkway Baptist Church, 12320 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City, Kan. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 816-753-4040 or visit www.savealifenow.org.
Risen Lamb International Church of the Nazarene, located in the Turner area of Kansas City, Kan., has announced the opening of the Risen Lamb Prayer Room and Retreat Center. On location at their church at 5301 Metropolitan Avenue, the prayer room and retreat center is open to the public for daytime retreats. All individuals or small groups seeking a quiet, sacred space to gather, pray, meditate, journal or read resources about prayer are welcome. The prayer room provides a peaceful space for solitude or can be scheduled in advance for groups of up to eight people. Guests seeking spiritual guidance may schedule a time of spiritual direction with one of the pastoral staff, and groups may inquire about scheduling a member of the pastoral team to lead or speak at a retreat. Donations accepted but not required. For more information, or to plan a visit, contact the Rev. Philip Friday at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 913-287-9418.
The Sanctuary of Hope Prayer and Retreat Center, 2601 Ridge Ave., will hold a Hopefest from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 20, with music, balloons, games, a variety of food, and a tour of gardens and retreat facilities. For more information, visit www.sanctuaryofhope.org or call 913-321-4673.
Enjoy good food and fun at the Summer Festival to benefit the charitable works of the Sisters, Servants of Mary from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday, June 7, on the grounds of the Sisters’ Convent, 800 N. 18th St., Kansas City, Kan. Homemade tacos and tamales, Italian sausage and barbecued beef sandwiches, hot dogs, ice cream and Spanish desserts will be served. There will be games for children and booths including dolls from Mexico; various fundraisers; a variety booth; and tote bags and cookbooks for sale. The Sisters, Servants of Mary are a community of women religious who provide nursing care to persons in their homes. The Sisters offer their services at no charge to individuals or families. They are nurses and serve people throughout the Greater Kansas City metropolitan area. The Kansas City, Kan., location is their “mother house” or headquarters for their convents in the United States and Mexico. For more information about the festival, call 913-371-3423.
A swap and shop is planned from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 6 in the parking lot at St. Patrick Catholic Church, 1086 N. 94th St., Kansas City, Kan. There will be a charge to have a space there. The event is sponsored by the Knights of Columbus.
Stony Point Christian Church, 149 S. 78th, is planning a church work day at 8 a.m. Saturday, May 30.
A Community Blood Center blood drive is scheduled from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. June 16 at the Wyandotte United Methodist Church, 7901 Oakland Ave., Kansas City, Kan. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 816-753-4040 or visit www.savealifenow.org.
Send in items for the Faith news to email@example.com. Please include your name and contact information.