A gas line was struck near 2300 Metropolitan Ave. today in Kansas City, Kan.
According to a Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department spokesman, residents were evacuated from a nearby apartment complex, and about 600 students at Argentine Middle School were evacuated to Harmon High School.
Most residents of the apartments left in their personal vehicles, while a Kansas City, Kan., transit bus helped residents without transportation leave the area, the spokesman said.
The gas leak was fixed by Kansas Gas Service and residents were allowed to return home at 2:15 p.m., according to the Fire Department spokesman. Students from Argentine Middle were returned to their school by the end of the school day.
No injuries were reported, the spokesman said.