The Unified Government Commission will meet at 7 p.m. May 29 at City Hall, Commission Chambers, lobby level, 701 N. 7th, Kansas City, Kan.
Several planning and zoning items are on the agenda.
Agenda items include:
– Change of zone application from planned townhouse district to planned nonretail business district for the continuation of a day care center, Exploring Minds Academy, at 3112 S. 51st St. Request from Meghan Carlile.
– Special use permit renewal for the temporary use of land for an office trailer at 6721 Kansas Ave. Request from Michael W. Hale.
– Special use permit for three horses, one pony five goats and 13 to 15 chickens at 8127 and 8149 Kansas Ave. Request by Fernando M. Juarez.
– Renewal of a special use permit for temporary use of land for industrial purposes to park two trucks at 226 N. 72nd St. Request from Yvonne and Steve Ferguson.
– Special use permit for a substance use disorder treatment center at 1205 N. 64th Terrace. Request from Beverly Metcalf with Mirror Inc. The location is Fairview Baptist Church building, north of State Avenue. The planning commission has unanimously recommended it for denial after some opposition from nearby business and residential owners. Mirror had another application in for a site at the Salvation Army that apparently was preferred earlier by some residents.
– – Special use permit application for a substance use disorder treatment center at 6711 State Ave. Beverly Metcalf of Mirror Inc. made the request. The planning commission recommended it for approval on a 5-2 vote. The location is a building on the Salvation Army campus on State Avenue.
– – Renewal and expansion of a special use permit for modular classrooms for Eugene Ware School, 4820 Oakland Ave.
– An ordinance authorizing the issuance of not more than $34 million of taxable industrial revenue bonds, Village West Apartments LLC, Northpoint Development.
To see the entire agenda, visit www.wycokck.org.