As race fans prepare to attend the first NASCAR night races at Kansas Speedway, they can expect the same great experiences they have had in the past while also being part of another first in Kansas Speedway history.
For the latest updates, visit www.facebook.com/kansasspeedway and www.kansasspeedway.com. For updated ticket information, visit www.kansasspeedway.com or call 866-460-RACE (7223).
Schedule and Highlights:
May 9 – NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race (SFP 250) – 7:30 PM (FOX Sports 1 and MRN)
• Parking lots open – 9 a.m.
• Grandstand gates open – 10 a.m.
o NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice – 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
o NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice – 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
o NASCAR Camping World Truck Series qualifying – 3:35 p.m.
o NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying – 5:30 p.m.
o NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver introductions – 7 p.m.
Invocation by Chaplain Jenkins, State Chaplain of the Kansas Army National Guard
National Anthem by Kansas Music Hall of Fame inductee Betti O.
Presentation of Colors: Kansas Army National Guard
• In Sprint FanWalk, Ron White, a veteran of the war in Afghanistan, will be writing out the names and rank from memory of the more than 2,200 fallen heroes from the war in Afghanistan. It takes him 10 hours to write the names on a 52 foot long wall.
May 10 – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (5-hour ENERGY 400® Benefiting Special Operations Warrior Foundation) – 6:30 p.m. (FOX and MRN)
• Richard Petty Driving Experience Race Rides – 9 a.m. – noon
Rides must be pre-purchased; please visit www.drivepetty.com for information.
• Parking lots open – noon
• Gates open – 3 p.m.
o Crossover gates for TrackPass open – 3 p.m.
• NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver introductions – 6 p.m.
o Invocation by Chaplain Jenkins, State Chaplain of the Kansas Army National Guard
o National Anthem by Father Meinrad Miller, Benedictine Monk and Priest; Theology Professor at Benedictine College (Atchison, Kan.)
o Presentation of Colors: Kansas Army National Guard
• Kansas Army National Guard Pre-Race concert by ACM New Artist of the Year finalist Brett Eldredge at approx. 4:40 p.m.
• In Sprint FanWalk, Ron White, a veteran of the war in Afghanistan, will be writing out the names and rank from memory of the more than 2,200 fallen heroes from the war in Afghanistan. It takes him 10 hours to write the names on a 52-foot long wall.
• KCSP 610 AM (Kansas City) will be broadcasting live from 4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. in Sprint FanWalk.
All times Central, and times and events subject to change without notice.
• Major General Lee Tafanelli, the Adjutant General of Kansas.
• 2013 Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner Don Post.
• Green Bay Packers WR and former K-State WR Jordy Nelson is the honorary pace car driver for the Kansas 400.
• K-State Men’s Basketball Coach Bruce Weber.
– Information from Kansas Speedway. For more information, visit www.kansasspeedway.com