The consolidation of the Kansas City, Kan., Convention and Visitors Bureau with Wyandotte Economic Development Council and the Kansas City, Kan., Area Chamber of Commerce has been placed on the commission agenda for the Oct. 30 Unified Government Commission meeting.
A public hearing on consolidating the three groups is part of the 7 p.m. agenda. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. Oct. 30 at City Hall, commission chambers, lobby level, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kan.
Greg Kindle currently is the president of the WEDC and interim president and CEO of the Kansas City, Kan., Area Chamber of Commerce. Bridgette Jobe is the executive director of the KCK CVB.
Before the 7 p.m. meeting, the UG Commission has a special session at 5 p.m. in the Executive Conference Room and Standing Committee Room, Suite 515, at City Hall. The topic of the 5 p.m. meeting is an event center update. Immediately after the 5 p.m. meeting will be a closed session on litigation.
Several planning and zoning items also are on the 7 p.m. agenda. They include:
– Change of zone from agriculture and limited business to planned limited business district for a medical and dental office at 2933 S. 47th St.
– Change of zone from single family district to agriculture district for an accessory building at 827 S. 78th St.
– Special use permit for a law practice at 6400 Leavenworth Road, John Bryant.
– Special use permit for a small dog day care and short-term boarding operation at 8525 Dehn Lane, Yvonne Rhodes.
– Renewal of a special use permit for live entertainment at 2139 S. 34th St., Big D’s on the Hill.
– Special use permit for seven chickens and two horses at 1517 N. 59th St.
– Renewal of a special use permit for an auto salvage operation with retail sales at 1142 S. 12th St., Pick-n-Pull.
– Renewal of a special use permit for a tire shop and light mechanical work at 3748 State Ave., Tire and Wheel.
– Renewal of a special use permit for live entertainment in conjunction with a drinking establishment at 6550 Kaw Drive, Club El Paraiso Inc.
– Renewal of a special use permit for live entertainment in conjunction with a restaurant at 4960 State Ave., Medina Enterprises.