The Unified Government Commission is scheduled to vote on its budget tonight.
The budget vote is on the agenda for the 7 p.m. July 31 meeting at City Hall, Commission Chambers, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kan.
A $295.8 million budget with a net zero tax increase in Kansas City, Kan., was proposed by the UG administrator. The UG administrator’s proposed budget would increase the mill levy by 2 mills on the county side and decrease it by 2 mills on the city side. The commission also discussed raising the proposed mill levy on the city side to its current rate.
The budget includes a 7 percent increase in water pollution fee charges, and an unchanged PILOT fee on BPU bills of 11.9 percent.
The administrator’s budget amendments announced July 28 included adding and subtracting some items to stay at the same proposed mill levy rate. The citizen survey in 2014 was deleted; two positions were added to the house arrest-pretrial program, which may reduce the number of inmates housed; a summer public works program with more youth to mow parks and vacant lots was added; a Fire Department equipment grant was announced with matching funds coming from projected fuel savings.
All budget items are subject to change before the final vote.
An earlier budget workshop before the July 31 meeting was canceled. Also scheduled is a closed session to discuss litigation at 6 p.m. July 31 in the ninth floor conference room.
Also on the July 31 agenda for the 7 p.m. meeting are several planning and zoning items.
– A change of zone from single-family to agriculture for a storage building at 221 S. 72nd St;
– A change of zone for McDonald’s at 4215 Rainbow Blvd., considering a previous stipulation about constant operation hours, 24 hours a day.
– A change of zone from planned general business, single family, planned apartment and planned commercial districts to general industrial district for a general equipment rental operation for homeowners and contractors at 2708 and 2710 Merriam Lane and 3000 S. 27th St.
– A special use permit renewal for a dirt fill at 1500 S.73rd and 7751 S. 73rd;
– A special use permit renewal for the temporary use of land for a construction trailer at 10351 France Family Drive;
– A special use permit renewal for a kennel for four dogs at 8012 Riverview Ave;
– A special use permit for a kennel for three dogs at 6417 Spring Ave.;
– A special use permit for a kennel for five dogs at 3024 N. 79th St.;
– A special use permit for live entertainment at Fat Cat’s Vortex at 411 N. 6th St.;
– Preliminary plan review for a public safety facility at 2100R Metropolitan Ave.
– Preliminary and final plan review for a Krispy Kreme restaurant at 7736 State Ave.;
– Master plan amendment from business park to employment at 2708 and 2710 Merriam Lane and 3000 S. 27th St.
– Ordinance rezoning property at 11501 Parallel Parkway from agriculture district to planned apartment district;
– Ordinance rezoning property at 3112 S. 51st St. from planned townhouse district to planned nonretail business district;
– Ordinance rezoning property at 101 S. 76th St. from single-family district to agriculture district\.
An agenda is online at www.wycokck.org.