A Kansas City, Kan., police officer received minor injuries while pursuing a suspect vehicle Monday night.
According to a spokesman for the Police Department, the officer was pinned between the suspect vehicle and a parked car.
Police had responded to the 8100 block of Kaw Drive after being called around 7:28 p.m. June 23 about a suspicious vehicle that had rammed a gate at a business.
Officers saw a vehicle fleeing the scene and pursued it, according to the spokesman. The vehicle had been reported stolen.
Several of the occupants of the vehicle ran from it in the 1300 block of Orville Avenue, police said.
The vehicle was still moving when an officer at the scene attempted to remove the last occupant. That was when the suspect vehicle struck a parked car, pinning the officer and the occupant between the two vehicles, the spokesman said.
Both the officer and the occupant of the vehicle had minor injuries and were taken to the hospital.
The other occupants were taken into custody, the spokesman said.
The Police Department is investigating the aggravated battery incident.
Two persons walked into hospitals after being shot on North 1st Street June 23.
Kansas City, Kan., police are investigating the shooting at about 2:16 p.m. June 23 in the 1900 block of North 1st Street, a spokesman said.
When officers arrived at the site of the shooting, they were told that two persons had been shot but had left the area. Both of the victims suffered minor injuries, police said.
The incident is under investigation by the Kansas City, Kan., Police Department, and anyone with information may call the TIPS hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
Construction work has resulted in some lane closures today in Wyandotte County, according to the Kansas Department of Transportation.
The short-term lane closures include:
– I-70 and K-7 interchange project. Eastbound I-70 right lane from K-7 to 134th Street will be closed for the setting of bridge girders between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday, June 24. Project work is scheduled to be completed June 24.
– I-435 highway signing replacement project. Weekday lane closures. Southbound I-435 from Donahoo Road to Parallel Parkway will be reduced to one open lane with varying short-term ramp closures for sign replacement work beginning at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 24, and reopening to all traffic at 3 a.m. on Wednesday, June 25. Project work is scheduled to be completed on Wednesday, June 25.
– I-435 highway signing replacement project. Weekday ramp closures. Southbound I-435 from Donahoo Road to Parallel Parkway will be reduced to two open lanes for sign replacement work on Tuesday, June 24, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Project work is scheduled to be completed on Tuesday, June 24.
– I-70 from 110th Street to I-435 resurfacing project. Overall project work scheduled to be completed in mid-July 2014. Expect delays. Weekday overnight lane closures. Eastbound and westbound I-70 from 118th Street to I-435 will be reduced to one open lane each direction and have various short-term closures for saw and seal work on pavement joints on Monday-Friday, June 23-27 between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. each day.
– I-635 Gibbs Road bridge project. Expect delays. Weekday overnight lane closures. Southbound I-635 right exit lane off of Metropolitan Avenue that serves as entrance lane to Shawnee Drive will be closed for bridge work on Monday-Friday, June 23-27 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Project work is scheduled to be completed on Friday, June 27.