Partly sunny, calm weather during the day today

National Weather Service graphic
National Weather Service graphic

During the day, there will be partly sunny skies and a high of 72, according to the National Weather Service. A calm wind will become east southeast 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon today.

A storm system is moving into the region Friday night and Saturday, possibly bringing more than an inch of rain through Saturday night.

Tonight, there is a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 a.m., the weather service said. The low will be 57.

Friday’s forecast is a high near 76, with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, according to the weather service.

The weather service said Friday night, there is a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a low of 58.

Saturday, the chance of showers and thunderstorms is 70 percent, the weather service said. The high will be near 72.

Saturday night, expect a 50 percent chance of rain and storms, with a low of 55, according to the weather service.

Sunday, there is a 60 percent chance of rain and storms, with a high near 67.

Forecast says rainy season to continue

National Weather Service graphic
National Weather Service graphic

There is a chance of light showers in today’s forecast, according to the National Weather Service.

Scattered showers will track across the area today with only light amounts of precipitation, the weather service said.

There is a slight chance for thunderstorms across eastern Kansas and far western Missouri on Thursday with better chances across the entire area on Friday, according to the weather service. No heavy rain or strong thunderstorms are expected with this activity.

Today’s high will be near 62, with an east southeast wind of 8 to 13 mph. Less than a tenth of an inch of rain is expected to fall, the weather service said.

For tonight, there is a 10 percent chance of showers before 7 p.m., according to the weather service. The low will be 52.

Thursday, there is a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, the weather service said. The high will be near 74.

Thursday night, a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms is in the forecast, with a low of 57, according to the weather service.

Friday, there is a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a high near 72, the weather service said. Friday night, the chance of showers and thunderstorms continues, with a 40 percent possibility of rain, according to the weather service. The low will be 56.

Saturday, expect a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a high near 69, the weather service said. Saturday night’s forecast is a 60 percent chance of showers with a low of 53, according to the weather service.

Sunday, there is a 60 percent chance of showers with a high near 65, the weather service said. Sunday night, the chance of rain is 40 percent with a low of 46, according to the weather service.

Mild spring day in store for Tuesday, followed by rain tonight

Mild spring weather is in store today, according to the National Weather Service.

Rain is possible every day through Sunday, the forecast says.

The high will be near 67 today with partly sunny skies, the weather service said. An east wind will be 7 to 13 mph.

Tonight, a 40 percent chance of showers is in the forecast, according to the weather service. The rain could be arriving this evening. The low will be 49.

On Wednesday, there will be a 30 percent chance of showers, with a high near 65, the weather service said. An east southeast wind of 8 to 10 mph is possible. Wednesday night, the low will be around 51.

On Thursday, the high will be near 71, and there is a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, the weather service said.

Friday, a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms is in the forecast, according to the weather service. The high will be near 70. On Friday night there will be a 30 percent chance of rain, with a low of 54, the weather service said.

Saturday’s forecast is a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, with a high of 67, the weather service said. On Saturday night, there is a 40 percent chance of showers, with a low of 49.

Sunday, there will be a 40 percent chance of rain, with a high of 64, according to the weather service.