Firefighters rescue woman on second floor after dishwasher catches on fire at home on South 65th

The Kansas City, Kansas, emergency dispatcher received a call from a woman whose house was filling up with smoke at 8:30 a.m. Feb. 12 in the 2700 block of South 65th.

The woman told the dispatcher that her dishwasher was on fire on the first floor and she was on the second floor, according to a Kansas City, Kansas, Fire Department spokesman.

The house was filling up with smoke and she could see flames, she told the dispatcher.

The dispatcher advised the caller to close the door and put something at the bottom of it to keep smoke out, according to the spokesman.

Firefighters arrived, attacked the fire, placed a ladder to the second story and brought the woman to safety, the spokesman said.

It was over by 9:10 a.m. and there were no injuries reported, the spokesman added.

Damage to the home was estimated at $20,000.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *