by Kelly Rogge, KCKCC
Kansas City Kansas Community College wants to give students, staff, faculty and the community a chance to maintain their health during the college’s 2019 Health Fair.
The Health Fair is from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday, April 17, in Upper Jewell on the KCKCC main campus, 7250 State Ave. Entrance into the fair is free. However, there is a fee associated with some activities. The lab will not accept insurance.
These tests include:
• 20 Chemistries and Lipids with CBC. This includes electrolytes, lipids, hemoglobin and hematocrit. $20
• Cancer Antigen 125 (for women). This is a possible indicator for ovarian cancer. $35
• Prostate specific antigen PSA (for men). This is possibly indicative of prostate cancer. $20
• Thyroid stimulating hormone TSH. $20
• Hemoglobin A1C. This will tell the average level of glucose. $20
• Vitamin D. $25
• Vitamin B12. $20
• Thyroid Testing. $25
• HsCRP (indicator of inflammation). $20
The health fair will feature a variety of exhibitors including counseling, chiropractor, blood pressure/height/weight checks, oral health and HIV/STD information as well as a visit from KC Wolf.
In addition, a Mobile Mammogram station will be available. Visit www.dic-KC.com and choose Mobile Mammography from the menu for more information. When scheduling your mammogram, tell the scheduler that the appointment is on the mobile coach. Women who are 35 to 39 years may obtain a screening baseline mammogram. However, patients in this age range should check with their insurance provider prior to screening for plan eligibility. To schedule an appointment call 816-444-9989 or 913-344-9989.
For more information on KCKCC’s Health Fair, contact Kim Morgan at 913-288-7683 or by email at email@example.com.