Ramp and lane closures are scheduled in Wyandotte County on Wednesday, June 3, according to the Kansas Department of Transportation.
Traffic on all these projects will be diverted using mobile lane closures, signs and traffic cones.
For pothole patching, closures include:
• Right lane closure on northbound and southbound I-435, from the Kansas River to the Missouri River, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. This is an ongoing project extended to June 5.
To install pavement markings, the closures include:
• The single left lane of eastbound I-70, from Quarry Road to 18th Street, will close at 7 a.m. and the two left lanes will close from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. And the following ramps will close at 8:30 a.m.
• Eastbound I-70 to northbound I-635,
• Southbound I-635 to eastbound I-70,
• Northbound I-635 to State Avenue,
• State Avenue to northbound I-635.
For Kansas Turnpike Authority, barrier and grading work, the closures include:
• The left lane of westbound I-70 at the Turner Diagonal, and the right lane of eastbound I-70, from 78th Street to Turner Diagonal, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. The following ramps will close at 8 a.m.
• Southbound Turner Diagonal to westbound I-70,
• 78th Street to eastbound I-70,
• Eastbound I-70 to southbound Turner Diagonal,
• Eastbound I-70 to northbound Turner Diagonal,
• Eastbound I-70 from 78th Street to Turner Diagonal.
The KDOT spokesman urged all motorists to be alert and obey the warning signs when approaching and driving through a highway work zone. To stay aware of all road construction projects across Kansas go to www.kandrive.org or call 5-1-1. Motorists were asked to drive safely and always wear their seat belts, the spokesman stated.