Several offices will be closed on Jan. 1 for the New Year’s holiday.
– Unified Government offices will be closed on New Year’s Day, Jan. 1, and will reopen on Friday, Jan. 2.
– The Board of Public Utilities business office will be closed on Thursday, Jan. 1. Emergency service is available 24 hours a day, even when the business office is closed, at 913-573-9522 for electric, and 913-573-9622 for water.
– All Kansas City, Kan., Public Library locations will be closed Dec. 31 and Jan. 1 for the New Year’s holiday.
– Trash pickup by Deffenbaugh will be delayed by one day for those whose regular pickups are on Thursday, Jan. 1. Trash pickup scheduled for Wednesday, Dec. 31, will be picked up on the regular schedule.
– Post offices will be closed Thursday, Jan. 1, for the holidays. Regular lobby hours resume on Jan. 2. Many post offices will close at noon on Dec. 31. Mail at blue collection boxes will be picked up early, some at noon on Dec. 31. For more information, go to USPS.com.