Some recycling sites available in Wyandotte County
When the holidays are over, natural trees, wreaths and garlands can be recycled.
Many locations throughout the metropolitan area will recycle holiday trees and greenery, and most services are free.
Like other yard waste materials, holiday trees and greenery are banned from landfills in Missouri and discouraged in Kansas landfills.
Recycling not only keeps these materials out of landfills, but also creates a resource that can be used for a variety of purposes.
“Many drop-off locations are open for up to a month after the holidays, so there are plenty of opportunities to recycle your tree and greenery,” said Matt Riggs, outreach coordinator for the MARC Solid Waste Management District. “Be sure to remove all lights, decorations, plastic bags and stands from the trees and remove wire, hooks and frames from the greenery before recycling.”
For more ways to reduce, reuse and recycle for the holidays, visit www.RecycleSpot.org or call 816-474-8326.
Drop-off locations for recycling Christmas trees in Wyandotte County include:
• Bonner Springs — North Park, 1200 S. 134th St., 913-422-7010.
• Bonner Springs — Wyandotte County Park, 126th and State Avenue, 913-573-8327.
• Kansas City, Kan. — Alvey Park, 4834 Metropolitan Ave., 913-573-8327.
• Kansas City, Kan. — City Park, 2601 Park Drive, 913-573-8327.
• Kansas City, Kan. — Stony Point Park, 531 N. 86th St., 913-573-8327.
• Kansas City, Kan. — Planet Marrs Recycling, 2701 Roe Lane, 913-888-0539.