Several planning and zoning items are on the agenda for the Thursday night Unified Government Commission meeting.
The meeting will take place at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, at City Hall, Commission Chambers, lobby level, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kansas.
On the agenda for the 7 p.m. meeting is an agreement between the UG and the Kansas City, Kansas, Public Schools for improvements around the new Brune Elementary School, 8833 Waverly. The improvements include a new road extending 90th Street north from Parallel Parkway for access to Brune Elementary, allowing a future connection with 91st Street. Sidewalks also are included.
Also on the agenda is a resolution to survey land for a Water Pollution maintenance facility and a police tow lot and crime lab.
Also on the agenda is a resolution to support “responsible bidder requirements.”
The annual county solid waste plan is on the agenda, along with a resolution with Bonner Springs to amend an agreement about providing street maintenance and emergency services to Loring.
The UG Commission also is scheduled to vote on adopting its legislative programs.
Also to be considered is the issuance of taxable industrial revenue bonds for the PQ Corp.
At the 5:30 p.m. UG Commission meeting in the fifth floor meeting room at City Hall, the commission will hear a zoning code update.
At the 7 p.m. UG Commission meeting, other items on the agenda include:
• 1815 N. 78th St., change of zone from single family to two family for an existing duplex, Eric Scheele with KC Property Guys LLC;
• 12525 Leavenworth Road, change of zone from county agriculture and residential to city agriculture to divide the lot and build and additional house, Scott Confer with Phelps Engineering;
• 4401 N. 115th St., change of zone from planned single family district to single family district to revise a previously approved plan to better identify and modify site amenities for West Ridge Estates, Matt Schlicht with Engineering Solutions;
• 733-735 Minnesota Ave., renewal of special use permit for an event hall in conjunction with specialty dress shop and office space – storage building, Michael Johnson with 7th Street Evenet Center;
• 528 Ann Ave., special use permit for a short-term renalt – AirBNB, Wendy and Larry Foland;
• 2706 Espenlaub Lane, special use permit for a short-term rental – AirBNB, Megan Duma;
• 408 Sandusky Ave., special use permit for a short-term rental – AirBNB, Megan M. Duma;
• 5124 Sloan Ave., special use permit to keep horses on the property, Efrain Carerra;
• 2600 Bi-State Drive, vacation of utility easements, Melissa Vancrum;
• 5604 State Ave., an ordinance rezoning property from planned limited business district to planned business park district;
• 3605 Bell Crossing, an ordinance rezoning property from single family district to agriculture district;
• 4251 N. 60th St., an ordinance rezoning property from single family district to agriculture district;
• 4225 Mission Road, 3002-3004 W. 43rd Ave. and 3014 W. 43rd Ave., an ordinance rezoning property from single family district to two family district;
• 1847 S. 14th St., an ordinance rezoning property from limited business district to planned commercial district;
• 5205 and 5159 Farrow, an ordinance vacating right-of-way between the two addresses;
• 4141 and 4151 Fairbanks Ave., an ordinance vacating an alley.
• Plat of The Acres of Piper, at K-7 and Marxen.
For more information, see the agenda at