As part of the Turner Diagonal interchange reconfiguration there will be some full lane and ramp closures for the construction of the diverging diamond interchange at I-70 and the Turner Diagonal Freeway in Wyandotte County, according to the Kansas Department of Transportation.
Detours routes will be marked. Traffic on all these projects will be diverted using lane and ramp closures, signage and traffic cones.
Starting Friday, July 10, weather permitting, the following ramps will be closed until Sept. 8. The ramps include:
• The ramp from eastbound I-70 to southbound Turner Diagonal,
• The ramp from eastbound I-70 to northbound Turner Diagonal,
• The ramp from northbound Turner Diagonal to westbound I-70,
• The ramp from southbound Turner Diagonal to westbound I-70.
East ramps and Turner Diagonal
Starting Friday, July 31, weather permitting, the following ramps and lanes will be closed until Sept. 8. The ramps and lane closures include:
• The ramp from southbound Turner Diagonal to eastbound I-70,
• The ramp from northbound Turner Diagonal to eastbound I-70,
• Turner Diagonal from State Avenue to Riverview Avenue.
Full I-70 lane closure
Also, Friday, July 31 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. Monday, Aug. 2, there will be a full closure of both eastbound and westbound I-70 at Turner Diagonal for bridge removal and pipe placement. The detour route will go north to use State Avenue.
The KDOT spokesman urged all motorists to be alert and obey the warning signs when approaching and driving through a highway work zone. To stay aware of all road construction projects across Kansas go to www.kandrive.org or call 5-1-1. Motorists should drive safely and always wear their seat belts, according to the spokesman.