The Unified Government Commission made short work of the meeting tonight at 7:15 p.m. at City Hall.
The commission passed everything recommended on the agenda, without discussion, and the meeting ended in about eight minutes.
At the start of the meeting, Mayor Mark Holland said, “I want to thank you for coming out on the first week of the championship pennant of the Kansas City Royals.” While there was no Royals game tonight, as they had won the American League pennant Wednesday in only four games, the National League championship game was being played between St. Louis and San Francisco at the same time as the meeting.
Among the items passed:
– The south patrol police station was approved to be placed on the 2015 construction maintenance and improvement project schedule. Space for the police tactical unit was not included in the project at this time.
– An ordinance was approved to issue up to $13 million of sales tax speedway obligation revenue refunding bonds, in the Kansas International Speedway Corp. Project. This is refunding the 1999 Kansas Speedway current interest STAR bonds. Preliminary value savings associated with the refinancing are at $2.1 million, according to UG agenda documents.
– A resolution was passed to amend the UG housing tax credit procedures and local review criteria of housing tax credit proposals.
– An ordinance was passed to authorize legal proceedings to acquire land for the Metropolitan Avenue and 24th Street project.
– Plats have been submitted for The Legends at Village West Fifth Plat at Village West Parkway and Parallel Parkway; and the Villas of Stonebridge replat at 74th and Tauromee.
– Approval was given for Mayor Mark Holland, Commissioner Tarence Maddox and Assistant Administrator Joe Connor to attend the National League of Cities annual business meeting in Austin, Texas, as voting delegates.
– Land Bank agenda applications were approved for yard extension at 929 Central Ave.; 1213 Gilmore Ave.; 1225 Gilmore Ave.; 1052 Dodson Ave.; 2200 McDowell Lane; 2404 Ball Lane; and 306 S. Valley St.
The UG went into a closed, executive session to discuss personnel after the meeting. It also held a closed, executive session to discuss litigation before the 7:15 p.m. meeting.
To see other items on the agenda that were passed, see the agenda at www.wycokck.org.