The Unified Government Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 13, at City Hall, lobby level, Commission Chambers, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kansas.
Among the items on the 7 p.m. agenda:
• A recommendation to expand the service area for the Community Housing Investment Partnership Down Payment Assistance Program, funded with H.O.M.E. funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
• A resolution on an agreement with the Fairfax Drainage District for the use of sewer infrastructure. It calls for the UG to pay the district $250,000 this year, with annual payments afterward.
• A resolution authorizing a survey and to authorize the exercise of eminent domain for a new Board of Public Utilities Speaker Road II substation at 4417 Speaker Road.
• A resolution authorizing a survey and to authorize the exercise of eminent domain for a new Board of Public Utilities Everett II substation at 4401 Everett Ave.
• A resolution authorizing a survey and to authorize the exercise of eminent domain for the Piper Creek Regional Improvements project, west of North 131st Street and south of Leavenworth Road .
• An ordinance authorizing proceedings to acquire property necessary for Pump Station 61 force main improvements, from Donahoo and North 123rd Street, then to 123rd Terrace, and to Wingfoot Drive.
• A resolution to approve loaning 40 Luxfer SCBA airpacks from the Fire Department to Kansas City Kansas Community College, and to donate 200 MSA airpacks and a Bauer Compressor to the government of Uruapan, Michoacan, Mexico, a sister city.
• Approval to apply for and accept the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant of $104,142 for the Police Department.
• Approval of a grant application with the UG Health Department and the UG Planning Departmenet as subgrantor of a Kansas University Center for Research grant from the CDC REACH, for $130,000 for the first year of a five-year $500,000 grant. The grant is aimed at reducing or preventing chronic disease.
• Approval of a grant application from The Healthcare Foundation of Greater Kansas City for a two-year S.H.A.R.P. (Sexual Health Adolescent Relationship Program) grant of $200,000, with the purpose to decrease sexually transmitted diseases, HIV and teen pregnancy rates.
• A presentation by the Board of Public Utilities on utility benchmarking.
• An update by the UG’s anti-blight SOAR team on 2018 goals.
• Nomination of John McTaggart to the Library Board, submitted by Mayor David Alvey.
• Reappointment of Maurice Ryan as administrative judge of the Municipal Court.
• Designation of Mayor David Alvey, Gordon Criswell, Kathleen Von Achen and Mike Taylor as voting delegates for the League of Kansas Municipalities annual conference in Overland Park, Kansas.
• Presentation of Police Department awards.
An agenda is posted at www.wycokck.org.