The Unified Government Commission is scheduled to meet at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Thursday, April 24.
The meeting will be in the Commission Chambers, lobby level of City Hall, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kan.
The 5 p.m. meeting will be a discussion about public safety overtime and out-of-class pay. Earlier this topic came up during a budget discussion.
Topics on the 7 p.m. agenda include:
– Additional funding for operating the 8th Street YMCA during the next 12 months.
– A resolution to authorize the BPU to obtain a $13 million loan from the Kansas Public Water Supply Fund administered by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
– A resolution to approve a Memorandum of Agreement with Kansas City, Mo., and Mid-America Regional Council as part of the OneKC Bi-State Brownfield Coalition Grant.
– A resolution allowing the asgsignment of benefits by Speedway eights LLC to Sanders Brothers Investments LLC in connection with $21 million taxable multifamily housing revenue bonds, at the Heights at Delaware Ridge project, 130th and State.
– A resolution to update the local economic development policy on tax-increment financing.
– Authorizing general obligation bonds or temporary notes for $210,000 to cover the costs of judgments and settlements, to Johnny R. Hawkins.
– An appointment of Winfred Manning to the Human Relations Commission.
– A request to change taxes on real estate, a reduction of $13,450 from the Court of Tax Appeals to the Ciuffo Family Trust. A reduction to Mo-Kan Container Services on 28 trucks, reducing tax by $10,453.
– A resolution to approve a special permit to close 12th Street between Minnesota and State temporarily on May 3 and allow alcohol on the street durimg the downtown Cinco de Mayo Festival.
– Land Bank items also are on the agenda.
The agenda for the 7 p.m. meeting is posted at www.wycokck.org.