by Kelly Rogge
Looking for a job? Then mark your calendars for the 2014 Workplace-Kansas City Job Fair at Kansas City Kansas Community College.
The fair is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 16 in the KCKCC Field House, 7250 State Ave.
The event is free and open to the public.
“The goal of the job fair is to connect employers who are hiring with students and community residents that are looking for employment,” said Linda Wyatt, director of career planning and placement at KCKCC.
The list of employers includes:
• AT-Tech Technical Staffing
• Alenco Inc.
• Cerner Corp.
• Coca Cola Refreshments
• Deffenbaugh Industries Inc.
• DeVry University
• Economic Opportunity Foundation
• Fed Ex Ground
• Frito Lay
• Gear For Sports
• Girl Scouts of NE KS and NW MO
• Hollywood Casino
• Kansas City, Kan., Board of Public Utilities
• Kansas City, Mo., Police Department
• Kansas National Guard
• Liquid Education
• Long Motor Corp.
• North Kansas City Hospital
• Olathe Kansas Police Department
• Pipefitters Local Union
• Primerica Financial Services
• Quintiles Phase I Services
• 7th Street Casino
• Schlitterbahn Waterpark
• Sheraton and Westin KC Crown Center
• State Street Corp.
• Swope Health Services
• TJ Maxx
• The Forum at Overland Park
• The University of Kansas Hospital
• Truman Medical Center
• Unified Government of Kansas City, Kan.-Wyandotte County
• Workforce Partnership
“A job fair gives the job seeker an opportunity to talk to many employers who are hiring at one time,” Wyatt said. “It also allows the job seeker to make contacts that can be followed up on and that can lead to employment.”
Participants should dress professionally and have resumes on hand, according to event organizers. They will have the opportunity to visit with all of the area employers as well as fill out job applications.
The job fair is sponsored by the Career Center and KCKCC. For more information, call 913-288-7644.