Several zoning items are on the agenda for the 7 p.m. Thursday, June 28, meeting of the Unified Government Commission.
The meeting will be at the Commission Chambers, lobby level, City Hall, 701 N. 7th, Kansas City, Kansas.
The agenda includes recommendations for the Unified Government, Hollywood Casino, and SVV (Schlitterbahn) casino grants. A total of $609,403 is recommended to be distributed to 49 programs that are run through nonprofit agencies.
Also on the agenda is the comprehensive annual financial report.
Other items on the 7 p.m. agenda include:
• 4244 N. 67th St., change of zone application from single-family district to agricultural district for an accessory structure, Anthony Tucker.
• 230 S. 72nd St., special use permit to continue to keep a storage container, recommended for denial, Steve Marbut.
• 2819 S. 47th St., special use permit for expansion of an existing liquor store, Victor Liquor.
• 2810 W. 42nd Ave., special use permit for an AirBNB, Bear Real Estate.
• 8833 Waverly Ave., preliminary plan review for an elementary school, MKEC Engineering.
• 4448 Booth St., special use permit for an AirBNB, Home Remedy Investments, recommended for denial.
• Donahoo and 123rd Street, Pump Station 61 force main improvements, resolution. The project starts at Donahoo and 123rd, goes north on 123rd to N. 123rd Terrace, then ends at Wingfoot Drive. It will authorize an ordinance that will allow the use of eminent domain to acquire the property for the project, if necessary.
• Hutton Road Sanitary Sewer Main Extension, on Hutton Road between Kimball and Leavenworth roads, resolution. It will authorize an ordinance that will allow the use of eminent domain to acquire the property for the project, if necessary.
• Nomination of Don Jolley to the Law Enforcement Advisory Board, submitted by Commissioner Angela Markley.
Also, the Unified Government Commission will meet at 5 p.m. June 28 in the fifth floor conference room at City Hall to discuss the local food economy assessment and an update on the juvenile center project.
The UG also has released the schedule for budget meetings in July. The meetings will be in the fifth floor conference room of City Hall, except for the July 12 and July 30 meetings.
The budget meeting schedule:
• 5 p.m. Thursday, July 12, administrator’s budget presentation, Commission Chambers;
• 5 p.m. Monday, July 16, budget workshop, to set the maximum mill levy, fifth floor conference room;
• 5 p.m. Thursday, July 19, budget workshop, fifth floor conference room;
• Monday, July 23, budget workshop immediately following the Public Works and Safety, and Administration and Human Services committee meetings, fifth floor conference room;
• 5 p.m. Thursday, July 26, budget workshop, fifth floor conference room;
• 5 p.m. Monday, July 30, budget workshop, final public hearing, Commission Chambers, lobby level, City Hall.
The meetings are open to the public.