A public hearing is scheduled at the 7 p.m. Unified Government Commission meeting tonight in connection with the Rock Island bridge project.
The UG Commission will consider an ordinance to approve the redevelopment project plan for Area 4 of the Riverfront Redevelopment District.
Also on the 7 p.m. agenda is the UG’s comprehensive annual financial report for 2020.
In addition, the commission will consider a grant application for the fiscal year 2022 for the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) funds to help fund the victim services unit of the Kansas City, Kansas, Police Department. The grant amount to be applied for is $369,335, with a match required from the Kansas City, Kansas, Police Department.
Another agenda item is a resolution establishing a moratorium on the enforcement of the prohibition of murals in residential districts and setting temporary standards for enforcement under the code of ordinances.
Also on the agenda is the nomination of Ollie Carroll to the Commission on Human Relations and Disability Issues by Commissioner Jane Philbrook, and the nomination of Marc Potter to the Wyandotte-Leavenworth Area Wide Advisory Council on Aging, by Commissioner Philbrook.
A plat of the Piper Creek pump station at Leavenworth Road and 138th Street also is on the agenda.
A plat of “Project Superbowl – Logistics Park” at 99th and Leavenworth Road is on the agenda. This area is being developed by SP Bennet Lake Development LLC. This project was discussed earlier as part of the warehouse redevelopment of the Woodlands.
Several planning and zoning items are also on the 7 p.m. agenda, including:
• 88 S. 7th St., change of zone from single-family to two-family for an existing duplex.
• 828 N. 49th St., change of zone from single-family and agriculture district to planned heavy industrial district for a tow lot, police crime scene investigation building and UG water pollution control office storage building. The location is near 49th and Armstrong.
• 204 Orchard St., renewal of special use permit for a drinking establishment and live entertainment, Mockingbird Lounge.
• 1032 S. 25th St., special use permit for an auto storage and maintenance building.
• 1037 S. 26th St., special use permit for auto storage and maintenance building.
• 734 S. 76th St., special use permit to keep farm animals, Bryan Stokes.
• 1705 – 1831 S. 45th St., special use permit for grading and site preparation for future industrial development, Sandifer Properties.
• 5837 Leavenworth Road, vacation of right-of-way, Capitalplex Properties.
• 10525 Donahoo Road, preliminary plan for Wolcott Wastewater Treatment Plant Pump Station No. 50 for excess flow holding tank.
• 828 N. 49th St., master plan amendment from mixed-use to industrial.
• 837 Central Ave., an ordinance rezoning property from single-family to planned commercial district.
• 6801 State Ave., an ordinance authorizing a special use permit for the temporary use of land for the existing commercial truck driving training facility.
• 151 S. 18th St., an ordinance authorizing a special use permit for continuation of live entertainment in conjunction with a restaurant at Prescott Plaza.
• 3150 N. 90th, an ordinance authorizing a special use permit for continuation of an event venue with live entertainment.
• 334 N. Thorpe, an ordinance authorizing a special use permit for continuation of a kennel for four dogs.
• 3704 N. 99th St., an ordinance authorizing a special use permit for continuation of a commercial specialty shop.
• 701 Village West Parkway, an ordinance authorizing a special use permit for continuation of live entertainment.
• 9350 Nelson Lane, an ordinance authorizing a special use permit to keep 20 chickens.
• 2904 Eaton St., an ordinance authorizing a special use permit for a short-term rental – air BNB.
• 4449 Rainbow Blvd., a special use permit for a short-term rental – air BNB.
• 1110 Merriam Lane, renewal of a special use permit for Performance Auto Service.
• 1327 Minnesota Ave., special use permit for a parking lot.
The UG Commission also will meet in a budget workshop at 5 p.m. July 1.
The two meetings July 1 will not be open to the public for in-person attendance. They are accessible by Zoom, by telephone, through YouTube, and on the UG’s cable television channel.
To join the meeting by Zoom, visit https://us02web.zoom.us/s/85622369016?pwd=cjUyaStYMG5CS3VuZ3RZc3NhS3JqUT09.
The passcode is 008954.
To join by telephone, dial 877-853-5257 (toll free) or 888 475 4499 (toll free).
The agenda for the meeting is at https://www.wycokck.org/Departments/Clerks-Office/Agendas-Minutes#section-2.