With a winter storm predicted, Unified Government offices will be closed on Thursday, Dec. 22, and Friday, Dec. 23.
The UG will continue to support the needs of the community by continuing many services remotely while maintaining essential operations throughout the storm.
Some additional updates on specific services:
• KCK Municipal Court: Any scheduled hearings for Thursday and Friday will be continued to a later date and time and persons will receive notification of their new court date in the mail. Payments can still be made by using the MyWyco App or by visiting the UG webpage. Also, for persons in jail, bonds can be posted at the jail; otherwise, bonds cannot be posted during this closure.
• Meals on Wheels: Delivery of food will be suspended Thursday and Friday. The Area Agency on Aging will be providing alternatives to get food to seniors.
• Public Health Clinic: The Public Health Department will be keeping their clinic open until 6 p.m. Wednesday. All patients for Thursday and Friday have been contacted to reschedule appointments.
• Recreation Centers: The Parks and Recreation Department will be opening the recreation centers as warming centers. Find location and time information on the website. The cold weather overnight shelter will also be available evenings.
• Trash Pickup: As previously announced, trash pickup will start at 5 a.m. on Thursday and run for as long as conditions will allow. If you are scheduled for trash pickup on Thursday, Dec. 22, please bring your trash to the curb Wednesday night.
• Treasury and Motor Vehicles offices will be closed as well. Please use the MyWyCo app for any payments.
• WIC Appointments:
Appointments will be held by telephone for Thursday and Friday. There will be no disruption of service because we are able to switch to remote operations.
Snow emergency: parking restrictions
The Department of Public Works has also declared a snow emergency effectiveWednesday night at 10 p.m. through Friday, Dec. 23, at 11:59 p.m. which means there are parking restrictions to allow for snow removal.
In anticipation of the upcoming extreme winter weather conditions all Unified Government offices will be closed on Thursday, Dec 22, and Friday, Dec. 23. The Unified Government will continue to support the needs of the community by continuing many services remotely while maintaining essential operations throughout the storm, a spokesman stated.
As additional updates are available, the UG will continue to update its website at www.wycokck.org.