The 505 Central Ave. apartment project is on the Unified Government Commission agenda again tonight, with a $25 million industrial revenue bond issue and a master plan amendment.
The UG Commission will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 29, at the Commission Chambers, lobby level, City Hall, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kansas. The meeting also will be on Zoom.
A master plan amendment for the 505 Central Ave. apartment project is on the agenda. The amendment would authorize a change from urban density to high density residential.
A resolution of intent to issue up to $25 million in industrial revenue bonds for the 505 Central Ave. project to Sunflower Development Group also is on the agenda.
Also on the agenda is a resolution that would express support for developing a policy addressing education, prevention and treatment surrounding the possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, and sentencing for those offenses.
Also to be considered are an appointment for Municipal Court judge, Division 1, as well as a resolution to extend the state of emergency for the COVID-19 pandemic through Feb. 1, 2023.
A resolution approving the assignment and assumption of the development agreement for Village West Apartments III, where ownership is changing, also is on the agenda. The commission is asked to reassign a resolution for $45.7 million in industrial revenue bonds previously adopted by the commission for the project.
There also will be an update on grants and grant process.
Several other planning and zoning items are on the agenda.
• 2615 Espenlaub St., change of zone from single-family district to agriculture district to use property for agricultural purposes, Glen Bennett.
• 6840 Cernech Road, change of zone from single-family district to agricultural district to maintain small livestock and other agricultural uses, Jonathon Laudner.
• 4500 Dover St., 4414 Gibbs Road, change of zone from planned general industrial and single-family districts to planned general industrial district for future industrial development and site preparation, Mike Sanders with Nampara.
• 2443 S. 88th St., change of zone from single family and general industrial district to planned heavy industrial district for a water treatment plant, Jack Xiong with Unified Government. Also a master plan amendment.
• 451 S. 14th St., special use permit to operate an inspection – light maintenance facility for United Truck Repair, Prabhjot Singh Padda.
• 1000 State Ave., special use permit for auto repair – body shp supply store, Twashane Craley with Complete Car Care, recommended for denial.
• 745 Kansas Ave., special use permit for automotive repair shop, Gonzalo Hernandez-Casillas, recommended for denial.
• 520 S. 55th St., special use permit to operate an indoor soccer facility, Raul Villegas-Rodriguez with Soccer Nation KC.
• 1401 Merriam Lane, special use permit for a used car dealership, James Sullivan with Sullivan Palmer Architects.
• 700 Kindelberger Road, special use permit for a fueling and maintenance facility, Austin Lage with BHC Rhodes. Also a preliminary and final plan review.
• 404 N. 5th St., special use permit to operate an event space with live entertainment, Michael S. Wiber with St. Joseph Lodge 35.
• 419 N. 6th St., special use permit to operate a short-term rental, Denise Tomasic with Purple Properties.
• 2947 N. 83rd St., renewal of a home occupation special use permit to operate a single chair beauty salon, James Redic with Feel Royal LLC.
• 13021 Leavenworth Road, preliminary plan review to convert an elementary school into a high school with athletic fields, Dr. Jessica Dain with USD 203 Piper School District.
• 4639 Parallel Parkway, ordinance rezoning property from limited business district to planned general business district. Also, ordinance authorizing special use permit for auto repair services.
• 3430 N. 115th St., ordinance rezoning property from county agriculture to city agriculture district.
• 3548 N. 115th St., ordinance rezoning property from county agriculture district to city agriculture district.
• 2205 S. 8th St., ordinance authorizing special use permit for automotive sales.
• 1810 N. 1st St., ordinance authorizing special use permit for temporary use of land for commercial and industrial activities, storage containers and greenhouse.
• 620 Tenny Ave., ordinance authorizing special use p ermit for a short-term rental.
• 3008 S. 9th St., ordinance authorizing special use permit for a short-term rental.
• 4929 State Ave., ordinance authorizing special use permit for live entertainment in conjunction with existing drinking establishment.
• 4411 N. 67th St., change of zone from agriculture and limited business districts to agriculture, single family and limited business districts for urban residential uses and church, John Emanuels, recommended for denial.
• Proclamation for Sept. 22 as Benjamin Banneker Elementary School Appreciation Day.
• Proclamation for Sept. 26-30 as National Gear Up Week.
• Appointment of Commissioner Christian Ramirez as the voting delegate, Juliann VanLiew as the first alternate, and Andrea Vinyard as second alternate for Kansas Association of Counties 46th annual conference and exhibition.
• Several right-of-way transfers between governments from the Land Bank also are on the agenda.
The Zoom link for the meeting is
The passcode is 864130.
For more information on how to connect to the meeting, visit https://www.wycokck.org/Engage-With-Us/Calendar-of-Events/Meetings-Taskforces/Full-Commission-Meeting.