BPU meeting for budget review
Ongoing BPU budget review meeting
The Board of Public Utilities is meeting all day for a budget review at its offices at 540 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, Kansas. For more information, see https://wyandottedaily.com/community-activist-group-asking-bpu-board-members-to-vote-against-budget/.
UG committees to meet
UG Economic Development and Finance Committee meeting tonight
The Unified Government Economic Development and finance Committee will meet at 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 5, at the fifth floor conference room, Suite 515, City Hall, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kansas. The meeting will be available on Zoom.
The committee will consider a resolution amending the Kaw Bridge Development agreement and also will hear a third quarter 2022 investment report.
UG Neighborhood and Community Development Committee to meet
The Neighborhood and Community Development Committee will meet after the adjournment of the EDF meeting on Monday, Dec. 5, at the fifth floor conference room, Suite 515, City Hall, 701 N. 7th St., Kansas City, Kansas. The meeting will be on Zoom.
On the agenda is an updated draft of a special event policy, from Parks and Recreation staff; and several Land Bank option applications.
The Land Bank option applications include:
New construction, single family homes, 26 homes:
• 2007 S. 19th St.; Chris Solutions LLC, one home;
• 2203 N. 45th St., Chris Solutions LLC, one home;
• 3001 N. 42nd St., Chris Solutions LLC, one home;
• 5118 Douglas Ave., Chris Solutions LLC, one home;
• 4516 Lafayette Ave., Chris Solutions LLC, one home;
• 4340 Parallel Parkway, Chris Solutions LLC, one home;
• 4100 Waverly Ave., Chris Solutions LLC;
• 1895 S. St. Paul St., 1894 S. 6th St., Kathryn C. Meyer, one home;
• 1830 S. 10th St., Steven Kinney, one home;
• 709 Reynolds Ave., Tom Groneman, Tony Kassim, one home;
• 2541 N. 52nd St., 2524 N. 52nd St., 2514 N. 52nd St., 2552 N. 52nd St., 2508 N. 52nd St., 5209 Nogard Ave., 5141 Nogard Court, 5316 Nogard Court, 5134 Nogart Court. Maria Hill, 10 homes.
• 2613 Quindaro Blvd., 2253 Quindaro Blvd., 2263 Quindaro Blvd., 2261 Quindaro Blvd., 2918 N. 27th St., 2914 N. 27th St., 2912 N. 27th St., 2912 N. 27th St., The Village Initiative, three homes.
• 3124 S. 36th St., 3116 S. 36th St., Francene Sutton, two homes;
• 2278 Russell Ave., Tonya Love, one home.
Multi family units:
• 627 S. Pyle St., Hamdi Alsammarrate, two units;
• 4225 Douglas Ave., 4230 Shearer Road, Rudy Arias, two units;
• 505 Central Ave., 529 Central Ave., 524 Central Ave.
• 708 Quindaro Blvd., 714 Quindaro Blvd., 2307 . Allis St., Karen Daniels, the Boston Daniels Peace and Arts Center.
• 1966 N. 25th St., Zaira Judith Munoz.
For more information about the UG meetings and how to connect to them, visit https://www.wycokck.org/Engage-With-Us/Calendar-of-Events/Meetings-Taskforces/Standing-Committee-Meeting-EDF-and-NCD