Bora Bora is a small island located in French Polynesia, about 260 miles northwest of Tahiti. It is known for its stunning scenery, including turquoise waters, white-sand beaches, and lush green mountains. Bora Bora is a popular destination for honeymooners and couples, but it is also a great place for families and friends to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.
What to do in Bora Bora
There are many things to do in Bora Bora, from swimming and snorkeling in the crystal-clear waters to hiking and exploring the island’s rainforests. Here are a few of the most popular activities:
- Snorkeling and diving: Bora Bora is home to a variety of marine life, including coral reefs, tropical fish, and sharks. There are many places to snorkel and dive around the island, including the Matira Beach Lagoon and the Coral Gardens.
- Lagoon tours: Bora Bora’s lagoon is one of the most beautiful in the world. There are many companies that offer lagoon tours, which typically include stops at coral reefs, motus (small islands), and snorkeling spots.
- Hiking: There are several hiking trails on Bora Bora, including the Mount Otemanu hike, which offers stunning views of the island.
- Overwater bungalows: Bora Bora is known for its overwater bungalows, which are built on stilts over the water. These bungalows offer stunning views of the lagoon and are a popular choice for honeymooners and couples.
When to visit Bora Bora
The best time to visit Bora Bora is during the dry season, which runs from May to October. The weather is warm and sunny during this time, with little rain. The wet season, which runs from November to April, is characterized by heavier rain and humidity.
How to get to Bora Bora
The only way to get to Bora Bora is by plane. There are several airlines that offer flights to Bora Bora from Tahiti, including Air Tahiti and Air Moorea. The flight from Tahiti takes about 50 minutes.
Where to stay in Bora Bora
There are many places to stay in Bora Bora, from luxury resorts to budget-friendly guesthouses. Some of the most popular resorts include the Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora, the St. Regis Bora Bora Resort, and the Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort.
What to pack for Bora Bora
When packing for Bora Bora, be sure to pack sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and a swimsuit. You may also want to pack a light jacket or sweater for the evenings.
Tips for visiting Bora Bora
Here are a few tips for visiting Bora Bora:
- Be sure to book your accommodations well in advance, especially if you are traveling during the dry season.
- Pack light clothing and sunscreen.
- Bring a camera to capture the stunning scenery.
- Be respectful of the local culture and environment.
Bora Bora is a truly magical place that is sure to leave you with memories that will last a lifetime.