Young men from Wyandotte County are among participants from across Kansas who recently participated in the American Legion Boys State of Kansas Leadership Academy.
The 26th annual event was held June 4 to 9 at Kansas State University, Manhattan.
Boys State emphasizes leadership and teamwork through an interactive and problem-solving experience, according to a spokesman. There are political elections, parties and local, county and state governments, allowing the youth to work together as a team.
Wyandotte County youth at Boys State included:
From Kansas City, Kansas:
• Alex Hatch, Turner High School, Department of Economy Staff
• Ryan Davis, Washington High School, City of Bley Councilman
• Nathan Del Rio, Turner High School, City of Chastain Councilman
• Mesca Little Eagle, Turner High School, City of Bley Councilman
• Davion Scott, Turner High School, MacArthur County Commissioner
• Dillon Thompson, Turner High School, City of Werring Councilman
• Alexander Falk, Piper High School, Marshall County District Court Official
• Candin Thomas, Washington High School, Supreme Court Justice
• Johnny Childress, St. James Academy, Department of Humanities Staff
• David Vasquez, Washington High School, City of Schrag Councilman